Ergonomic & Workstation Assessment Service…
Evidence has shown that static postures and repetitive tasks are a dominant risk factor for developing a number of pain disorders. These include Lower Back Pain, Work Related Upper Limb Disorders (WRULDS), Lateral Epicondylitis (Tennis Elbow), Shoulder Impingement and Shoulder Tendinopathies.
Unfortunately, static sitting and repetitive tasks are necessary in the vast majority of people’s jobs in the era of information technology and the PC.
Depending on the severity of the symptoms, work related pain may have a variety of detrimental effects upon an organisation as well as the clear suffering of the individual. Firstly, employee’s with chronic work related pain will lead to a decrease in motivation, productivity and in the worst case scenario for all concerned will find it unable to continue with their work leading to absenteeism costs. This can be crippling for a small businesses.
Wicklow Physiotherapy Clinic can offer a variety of services based around the goals and needs of the organisation we are working with. Following a discussion with an organisation we will provide you with a formal quote of pricing before we begin any work. Examples of work undertaken by Wicklow Physiotherapy Clinic have been:
- One off workstation ergonomic assessments for a particular user of DSE (display screen equipment) that is getting work related pain.
- Preventative assessments for DSE workforces in new or relocated offices. Wicklow Physiotherapy Clinic has advised clients regarding adjustments to existing furniture and equipment as well as advised regarding any new equipment that would benefit a healthy posture and working practices.
- Manual Handling Training for workforces involved in heavy lifting or carrying on a regular basis.
- On site assessment of work practices and stations
- Providing Wicklow Physiotherapy’s high quality physiotherapy services to workers who are referred through their Management or Occupational Health Schemes.
Please telephone Wicklow Physiotherapy Clinic on 0404 64333 or email us at email@example.com to find out more about our Ergonomic & Workstation Assessment Service.